Long stay visa for higher education in France
You are an adult and want to continue your higher education in France.
To file a visa application for your studies in France, you must be over the age of legal majority the day of beginning of the validity of the visa and have a preliminary interview with the services of “Campus France”.
Afterwards, here are the documents required for your visa request :
1. A long-stay visa application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. Two recent passport size photographs on a light background
3. 65,000 FCFA in cash (or 35,000 FCFA for students went through Campus France)
4. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data and those displaying the last visas and stamps of entry and exit from the Schengen area.
5. national identity card (residence permit for non-Cameroonians)
6. Proof of the student quality : copy of last diploma, school certificate, baccalaureate or equivalent qualification accepted as final or student card
7. Certificate of registration in a higher education institution in France
8. Proof of accommodation in France
9. Supporting livelihoods :
For the stock of the French Government, stock of foreign governments, international organizations, and beneficiaries of EU programs : Certification with respect to the amount and duration of the exchange or justifying the benefit of a community program.
For other applicants :
a bank statement showing a permanent and irrevocable transfer of an amount of 404,000 FCFA per month of study, for a bank account in France,
or a statement of acceptance by a guarantor in France who can accept this additional burden, presented with the following documents : copy of national identity card or a residence permit in France), justification and Resources (last three ballots wages, and last tax on income, bank account).
10. Travel insurance covering medical expenses and repatriation, with a minimum coverage of 20 million CFA francs and a minimum of 3 (three) months.
The preliminary interview with Campus France (located at the French Institute) is mandatory by appointment at 699 09 10 80 or 697 70 17 17.
This interview does not necessarily leads to a favorable opinion or the automatic issuance of the visa.
To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF, 225.8 kb)
Warning : Please prepare a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site. All of these documents will help to study your case. The visa service can request additional information and to check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.