Visa for medical care
You must take medical care that can’t be carried out in Cameroon and you have sufficient financial means to cover medical expenses.
We invite you to apply for a visa for medical care, even in the case of a simple consultation. This will facilitate your subsequent steps in case of hospitalization or medical follow-up
Here are the documents required for a visa for medical care :
1. A short stay visa application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. A recent photograph, clear background
3. 40,000 FCFA in cash
4. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, with a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data and those displaying the last visas and stamps of entry and exit from the Schengen area.
5. National identity card or residence permits for non-Cameroonians.
6. Proof of accommodation in France for the period excluding hospitalization possibly : proof of accommodation or hotel reservation or rental certificate and supporting livelihoods
7. Support expenditure :
Preliminary estimate of the hospital charges established by the service of the institution living expenses.
Certificate of advance payment of the amount of the estimate financial coverage of the patient, from a welfare body of the country, otherwise creditworthy entity (Mutual Insurance Company, association) of the foreign State
8. Medical file :
Recent medical records with descriptive medical certificates of illness, accompanied where appropriate by a translation in a sealed envelope addressed to the Head of the hospital department to accommodate the patient
Written agreement of the institution for the admission of the patient to a given date, signed by the head of the department that requires the patient.
Certification of the provincial delegation of health stating that the patient cannot receive on-site treatment for his condition.
9. Medical certificate issued by a doctor approved by the Embassy of France (CMS)
10. Round-trip flight booking
11. Travel insurance covering medical expenses and repatriation with a minimum coverage of 20 million FCFA valid for the duration of the stay.
To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF, 29.7 KB).
Warning : Please prepare a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site.
All of these documents will study your case. The visa service can request additional information and check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.